Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Reasoning of fact

   People like me count on facts every day to get through life. For me, it is mostly scientific facts.  The definition of fact is as follows: something that is indisputably the case.  Can we dispute facts? This is my question. Mathematics, Science, time and events are regarded as fact. Fact is the reason of question-so can we question facts? Maths, for example. Somewhere and at some time, a human being invented the study of mathematics. Albert Einstein, and Richard Feynman are the pioneers of the subject. 
  It was created, because everything is created at some point in time. Math is not fact. Facts themselves are not facts, they are simply our creations in which we have bestowed upon the Earth. Math and Science are my favorite topics. I am on a quest to discover where they originated. The only species to use mathematics are humans. Are other species in a state of trance? One where there is no logic, only instinct?
    We use time on a daily basis. It is everywhere- from clocks to a person's number of years he or she has been alive. In the beginning, there was no time. Life simply happened and existed,  without a means of telling when. If time was to change, say 10:00pm became 6:00am, I would be highly confused as would all humans as we have adapted to the nature of time mechanics. I am 20-years-old, but what is the deeper meaning of this? Statistics show that I have at least 60 years left to live, and that is very easy for me to measure. Was I not familiar with  the concept, I may have no idea.
     Religion is very debatable, yet facts are not. When a person opposes a religion, his argument is often that it cannot be proven, and that the religion was possibly invented by another human being. The point I am trying to make is, everything we regard as fact WAS invented by someone. That in itself is the only true "fact". We know that there were no clocks of mathematics books when the world began.
     Another question is our being. We may say we know that we are alive, but how do we know this is not one big dream, that we are not living in the matrix? We would not know, as this life is the only thing that we can remember. Anyone who reads this, he or she may simply be a figament of my imagination. Many people are regarded as crazy for seeing others that do not appear visible to most. How do we know that those "hallucinations" are not actual people, and those that we claim to be a part in reality are not hallucinations?
    In closing, I will continue to live my life by facts, as they are most easily understood by me. However, I will always question the nature of the world and the mystery of homosapiens as I live my "life" (or is it my dream?).

No comments:

Post a Comment